In this journal assignment, you will review a few provided resources on how studies can become famous before they are verified. You will then reflect on how this can happen and why it might be a problem.
- First, read Why Should We Care?, a three-page section of a FlatWorld resource. Focus on the key takeaways toward the bottom of the section.
- Then, take note of the main points from The Media is Ruining Science.
- Afterward, watch the video Adam Ruins Everything: Why Flawed Studies Get Famous.
Using these three sources, the following elements must be addressed in 400?500 words.
- Identify how studies become famous before they are verified.
- Address why this is a problem.
- Use reasoning and examples from the readings and video.
What to Submit
This assignment must be 400-500 words in length, and include references cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.